Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Michael oh Michael

So Michael has been growing his hair out for the past 3 years. Only a little trim here and there. He really does have gorgeous curly hair. It is about 10-12" long.


Joey's young men call it Jesus hair. That's how they identify him.


He really wasn't growing out his hair with a specific purpose in the beginning, but then girls started asking him about it and so he said he was going to donate it. How endearing.


This last Sunday the 2nd of March, he decided that the time had come to stop eating his hair and rolling over and getting caught while asleep, and it just got snarly, so we cut it.


I was tempted to leave the cool shaggy mullet, but alas...



Here's mom with the Michael mop.



Look how handsome


Sooo breezy and cool for the summer,


What a dashing young man... I have a hot brother under that hair.
He looks so happy to not have to use conditioner anymore, and no more snarls or hair in his food and the hats will stay on instead of ride up because of the hair. He may have to adjust his bike helmet, but I think he's ok with that.
Oh happy day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way!! That is so great! We've talked to Michael a coule of times since Sunday and he didn't mention anything! I guess he was waiting for you to post the pics for us to just see it. I am stunned and way excited- he looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Wow......Michael looks awsome. He has always been handsome and now everyone can see it. Way to go. Was he able to donate to "locks of love"?

melanie said...

Nice job on the haircut Maren! That's a huge change. Now he looks like the Micheal I know. He looks great!

You mom looks pretty excited to be holding that mop, did she hate the long hair?

Unknown said...

Mom loved his hair and was sad, but she also loves how good he looks with short hair.

Summer said...

He looks great! What an event--did you guys do a hair dance or anything? :)

k8shoe said...

He looks so great with the haircut! By the way, WELCOME BACK!

Shaila Lou said...

There's the handsome cousin that I remember!! I can't believe how long it was. Matt totally said he looked like Jesus! Haha. What a change!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.