Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Festivities

Halloween started off this year with the traditional pumpkin painting. I think this is the first year Elise has actually painted a face on the pumpkin. She did a great job.



Joey's pumpkin. Joey carved out the eyes and mouth of his pumpkin and stuck a cabbage patch doll body in the mouth. I don't have a picture of that. He called it Pumpkin patch vs. Cabbage patch.


w

Brendan and I were there.


Our finished pumpkins. Brendan didn't end up painting his because he wouldn't wear the paint shirt. No shirt no paint.


My little Brendan Monkey. This costume just kills me .



The trunk or treat at the church. Fluffy in the back of the van, Elise Brendan and Kyle. The sun was in their eye so I told them to close their eyes and open them when I count to three. They opened their eyes on five. I took the picture on three.


Kyle won a prize for his costume at the Trunk or treat this year. He really really wanted to be Bumblebee the transformer. I put Joey in charge of making it. We got some inspiration from Youtube, but Joey ultimatly came up with the final design. He printed the car off at work from some scrap vinyl and put it on the cardboard. Kyle had a great time and loves his transformer costume. He got tired Halloween night though becuse everyone wanted him to transform. He did figure out how to make it work for him by telling everyone he needed two pieces of candy to transform.



This couple won first prize in the best costume department. She made these costumes from real potato sacks, then made the little faces. It was really really cute.


This is my trunk or treat costume. Yes that is my own hair. What was I thinking. It took about 20 minutes to comb out in the shower. You can't really see from this angle but I have a big spider in my hair too.


Elise's School parade. They walk so fast it makes you dizzy. I personally think she was the prettiest fairy princess. It seemed to be a popular costume this year.


Joey's parents came by the night we were carving our pumpkins. Grandpa got right in there and helped carve out the pumpkins.




For some reason this year I didn't get a finished carved pumpkin picture.


So as most of you know, Joey's work is huge into Halloween and they have a costume contest with a $100 prize. Joey has been really trying to win the last 3 years. The first year he was a Matchstick. Last year he was humpty dumpty, and this year Tada he was an RV transformer. This is most of his costume. He's missing the cushions, they were on his thighs, and he wore Knee pads and ski boots (more robotic looking). This year he finally won the $100. He figures he made about $3 an hour making his costume. It was pretty great.




I think Mom really liked my Halloween costume.


Me the Fairy Princess, Bumblebee the Transformer and my little monkey Brendan.


If you haven't figured it out by now, we are having baby number 4 the beginning of July (or hopefully the end of June).

5 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

AWESOME!! I love your bun in the oven costume! Congrats. What a great way to announce it!. I loved the transformer costumes. You guys are so creative.

Taryn said...

Congrats! Cute costumes!

Tierney Kirk said...

Congrats on your new baby! I remember when you announced Brendan when we were dying Easter eggs :) Good luck with your new pregnancy!

melanie said...

Oh congrats Maren and Joey! Brendan needs someone to pick...I mean love on. I'm so excited for you.

I cracked up over the $3 an hour for the RV costume. Too funny. Very cool costume, I'm so glad his ego gets the title for the next year. How will he ever top it?

Summer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is such a fun way to announce it! You guys are way too creative in the costume dept. I'm calling you next year for ideas. :)