Good Morning Brendan.
Ok so this is the family vacation at Bear Lake. Thanks to some dear friends the Hubrichs, who so generously invite us up to their lake side cabin every year. There are a bunch of families that go, and we love it. This post will also have a massive amount of pictures, just so you are warned.
Ok so this is the family vacation at Bear Lake. Thanks to some dear friends the Hubrichs, who so generously invite us up to their lake side cabin every year. There are a bunch of families that go, and we love it. This post will also have a massive amount of pictures, just so you are warned.


Every Year there is a mountain bike excursion. The number of people that go varies from year to year. This year there were 10 of us. We packed 5 bikes on the back of Camille and EJ's vehicle.
This is us the group.Top row: Mark, and Jared
Middle row: Maren, Kate, Ross, and Chris
Bottom row: Michael, Dean, Joey and EJ.
That is a ton of people.
Kate and I are the wives that go when we aren't pregnant. We rode down in two groups. The Guys, and then Kate and I and my dad and Mark. We ride a bit more conservativly than the boys do.

While on the trail, I had a pretty good crash that cut and scraped my arm up. Mark is a paramedic, so he helped me clean and bandage it up pretty well. While I was getting fixed up, the boys got tired of waiting for us and came up the trail just as we were on our way down again. We stopped and exchanged crash stories (so far mine was the worst) and then they took off again. When we made it down to the gate this is what lay before us.
BIKE CARNAGE!
(check out Ross, the one with the red sleeves, his arm is through the spokes on his tire)
Joey and I rode back to the cabin, the rest of the group wanted to go down again, or had to retrieve the transportation. We look a bit worn out, and a lot dirty.
This is my wound. It's a pretty good one, but it wasn't deep enough for stitches. Thank Heaven. I'm glad Mark was there to administer the first aid. I told Joey that it was the Jersey's fault. It says Maillot Jaune which means yellow jersey in French. It's what the leader of the Tour de France wears, they ride really fast. So it was the jersey's fault.
At the beach the next day they (jared, EJ, Mom, Dad, Chance, and Michael) buried elise in a mud hole. She really couldn't get out.
These nest two are Joey water-sking. The water was so smooth. I didn't go because I didn't want to hurt my arm more. I was really bummed. That was truly sweet water.
So instead of skiing, the kids and I played on the beach. They are a little afraid of the boat anyways.
Elise is showing Brendan how to blow bubbles. He loved the water. Kyle was my chicken this year. He didn't really want to play in the water much.















2 comments:
Yay for Bear Lake time, we miss it already and want to go back!
See what I mean about Joey not having a bad side- his rooster tail looks awesome from both angles!
Wow, what fun times...reminds me of our family going up to Twin lakes forever. We all miss it!! I'm jealous of the skiing too. It's been to long.
Post a Comment