Joey and I got Married the week before Christmas. We knew when we got married that it would be a bit tricky to celebrate our anniversary, but we didn't care. With our family getting bigger and shopping taking longer, it gets hard to get away for a night at that time of year. This year we decided to celebrate our anniversary close to the date we got engaged instead. We'll still go to dinner or something on our actual anniversary as well. So this being the first year of celebrating at the time of engagement, and it being my idea I planned a little getaway for us. I like camping and so does joey, and it's pretty cheap lodging, so that's what we did. There is a campground up the canyon near us about 8 miles, called Bountiful Peak. It was beautiful and close. So we went there. Being the 12th of September we didn't expect a whole lot of other campers around. The place was substantially more full than we expected, and it was full of 12-13 year old scouts. How romantic. They actually went to sleep at a decent time (10:30ish), but we woke to shouts of "Hey I started a fire without matches!" "Hey guys over here I found a new trail!"
It makes for a good story. We had a nice time anyways, and we want to take the kids camping up there next summer. It was a great campground (if you don't mind outhouses)
This is the only picture I have. Our little two man tent. Once we got the air mattress in there wasn't much room for anything else. The camera batteries died before I could take any other pics. I had 3 batteries with me too. They were all dead. Oh well.
It makes for a good story. We had a nice time anyways, and we want to take the kids camping up there next summer. It was a great campground (if you don't mind outhouses)
This is the only picture I have. Our little two man tent. Once we got the air mattress in there wasn't much room for anything else. The camera batteries died before I could take any other pics. I had 3 batteries with me too. They were all dead. Oh well.
2 comments:
Holy blogging overload! :) No, it's good to catch up on the Hilton household. That's a good story about the camping and the boy scouts. And I love that the blow-up toys get name. Hilarious!
Hello! I just had to comment your blog! You don't know me, but I was doing a google image search for pumpkin painting ideas, and your family's pumpkin designs from last year came up, well your blog just grabbed my attention, and soon I was laughing along reading about your family's adventures. I'm terribly sorry if you feel this is intrusive! Then you really grabbed my attention, you are an LDS family!! I was just baptized in August, and my boyfriend and I plan on getting married in the temple next year! I have to say, you are an inspiration to me, the mother and wife you are, is exactly how I hope to be. So anyway, I hope I didn't intrude, and I hope you have a wonderful day!!
Sarah
Denver, CO
nanihokulani@yahoo.com
Post a Comment