Monday, September 22, 2008

Joey's first Demolition Derby

Joey in all his years has never been to a demolition derby. Our county fair has one, and this year I made it a point to go. It was just a little derby, but still a ton of fun. I think our favorite heat was the mini cars. They really went at each other. It just takes forever to get things ready for the next heat and the kids get a little wiggly. Joey had a great time watching the cars crash into each other, and the kids loved it too. (Well Brendan wasn't as into it as the older kids).




After the derby they had a fireworks show. They gave everyone prism glasses to wear. We opted to go sit in the back of the van and watch instead of staying in the stadium. It was late for the kids. Kyle and Elise just loved those glasses. They wore them for a week after.




1 comment:

Alice said...

I've been trying to talk JP into going to that for the past two years now. I think Braeden and Carter would love it. Sounds fun!