This year for our Perkins Vacation, Michael was in Charge. He planned a trip to Fruita, Colorado. What is in Fruita you may ask. Biking is in Fruita. He did all the reservations and got it all set up. We went from Thursday until Monday. It was pretty warm, but we had a good time. There was biking and hiking and other things to do. Last year we went to Moab. The funny thing about both trips is when we went to church it was stake confrence both times. Last year we just happened to be at the stake center. This year we weren't so when we pulled into the parking lot and it was empty we couldn't believe it. We found a ward that met in Grand Junction that we were able to attend instead. Next year we really need to check out the church schedule before we try to go to church. I love hanging out with my family. We get along so well and play nice. I'm very lucky.


Knowing that it would probably be a little warm, we brought our little pool for the kids to play in. They actually did a pretty good job of not throwing all the rocks in it. And they really loved to play in it even though the water was pretty cold. Kids don't seem to care about that kind of thing.
These people that were camping overnight down the way brought a bike ramp. They let Kyle try it out. I think he'd like one of these. It was funny though, the guy that owned them had his two kids going over the ramp, and Kyle would go as fast as he could and the guy had to keep yelling at him to slow down. That's my Kyle.
Ready to go for a little hike. While the boys were biking us girls and kids went into the Colorado National Monument and went to the visitors center and on little hike on the Alcove Nature Trail. It leads to an Alcove. It had little markers along the way to tell you what you were looking at. I think the kids mostly just had fun racing to the next marker. It was about a mile round trip.
When we got to the end of the trail it was a circular room or alcove, with really high walls. It was pretty cool. Reminded me of southern Utah.


Seriously, this was one of the better pictures that we got of my kids and I. I'll take what I can get.
Joey after biking on Saturday. If you look close you can see the salt caked around his eyebrows and other places on his face. They rode really hard and were craving chips when they got back. Salt and vinegar chips.
Brendan was supposed to be asleep, but he just couldn't resist sticking his head out to see what the big people were up to.
In the Colorado National Monument park. I don't know what this is called, but I'm sure it has a name.We took the kids and the dads on a little 1/4 mile hike to see Window Rock. You had to look over the edge of the cliff to see it. It made me nervous especially with little kids around.


Joey took pictures of all the kids jumping off the rock. Kyle is definitely the most aggressive jumper out of the bunch. Yes, Brendan is a little wet.
Brendan loves loves loves cars. We had to keep a close eye on him and make sure we kept the vehicles locked or he'd be in them in an instant, like right now for instance.
So i realized as we were breaking camp that I hadn't taken any pictures of what our camp ground looked like. We actually had one of the best spots for camping because we had trees. Michael found the campground and checked it out and had them put us under the trees. Good call.So this is our new tent. It can sleep 8 if you want it too. It was time to upgrade to one we could all fit in with our gear. I really like our new tent.



















2 comments:
looks like fun...and makes me tired all at the same time! love brendan's soggy back side. glad i'm not the only mom who does that! :-)
Looks like tons of fun! I am so ready to get out and go camping too. Hopefully soon!
Post a Comment