One year ago today Brendan was born. I woke up at 5:30 am with my water broken. We went to the hospital and expected the baby to come very soon. My other babies came fairly quickly. (Elise 4 hours ish, Kyle 3 hours) To our surprise 5:30 pm rolled around and no baby, or consistent contractions. If you're water has been broken for about 12 hours and nothing has happened they want to help things along. I had my other two babies natural and was planning on that for this one. But alas, so they hooked me up with pitocin, which of course made the contractions 50 times worse than they were when I went natural. I was in the 8 or 9 dilation feeling contractions when I was only dilated to a 3. It was horrible, so I got the epidural which knocked me out and made my legs itch (I nearly scratched them off) Finally a little before 9 I told the nurse that he was coming. She found my midwife and Brendan was born at 9:02 pm. A very long day for all three of us. We were so happy. There's few things better than this.

Don't mind me completely swollen. It was the IV. They put it on and I blew up like a balloon. I actually looked ok before the IV. Here is brand new baby Brendan Michael Hilton only a few minutes old. He has red hair and weighed 8 lbs 3 oz and. Healthy little boy. We were so excited to have him here finally.


And now all of a sudden it's a year later and this is what I have now. How did that happen?

We love having Brendan in our family. He is a lot like Elise when she was little except he climbs like Kyle did and does.
-He has tons and tons of energy
-wakes up before 8 (grr)
-runs to give me hugs
-when he wants your attention he screams at the top of his lungs (he's figured out how to be heard over the other two kids)
-All his red hair fell out and how it's light brown like the other kids
-He smiles when you smile
-He loves to play with Elise and Kyle and anyone else that will play
-He's smart
-He's an all around happy baby, now toddler.
And we love him dearly!
Happy One year Birthday.
-He has tons and tons of energy
-wakes up before 8 (grr)
-runs to give me hugs
-when he wants your attention he screams at the top of his lungs (he's figured out how to be heard over the other two kids)
-All his red hair fell out and how it's light brown like the other kids
-He smiles when you smile
-He loves to play with Elise and Kyle and anyone else that will play
-He's smart
-He's an all around happy baby, now toddler.
And we love him dearly!
Happy One year Birthday.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday to both our precious little boys!
- Alisa
Oh...Happy Birthday Brendan!! He is too cute.
I'm glad to know that contractions are way worse with the pit. I've had it with both and I have felt like a wimp needing meds when barely progressing.
Such a sweet baby! I can't believe he's one already either. Time goes so fast, I want them to grow but sometimes I just want to slow it down a little.
Yikes, you have me worried for #3, I hope it's faster than that! I always look better before the baby is born, dang iv fluids. Hate em!
These babies are getting older way too fast! Pitocin is the worst thing ever. I didn't have it with Jayni but needed it with Mason and I hated it. They didn't get my epidural in right and so I was feeling everything on one side...so miserable.
Post a Comment