Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Painted Playroom

We have a playroom under our stairs. In July of 2006, I talked joey into cutting out the sheet rock at the back of the closet under the stairs. We had a lot of space that got turned into the playroom. I primed everything white in preparation for painting, and a week ago I finally got around to actually painting it. I think it turned out really good, and I think the kids like it too.


Here is Joey and Elise back in July of 2006, cleaning out under the stairs.


Kyle and Elise sitting under the stairs in their new playroom.


The entrance to the playroom (empty for the moment, in another 5 minutes I'll have all the stuff back in it) There is a skylight and window and a shelf.


The kitchen window over looking the garden


Our fun little shelf. With the cat the cookie the candy and even a little mouse snacking on a cookie. Gotta love the patriotic stars too.


Our ginger cat taking a little nap by the cookies. Elise wanted me to paint a pink cat, but the I reminded her about the orange stripe cats that she likes.


When I asked Elise what she wanted for this picture window she said a garden. So there is the garden. I wish mine looked this good.


The first rule of painting the playroom was that there had to be a castle involved. This is a window looking out over an enchanted forest and a magical castle.


The sky above the beams.


So there it is. That is how I keep up my painting skills. I don't work on canvas anymore, just walls.

5 comments:

melanie said...

AWESOME Maren!! I saw your comment and hoped for new posts. What a surprise! I LOVE LOVE all your paintings. I think it's great to keep up your skills and have fun at the same time. I still remember your darling ABC border. Blog that too, it's so dang cute. The narwhale for N. Love it too! Can't wait to get all these read and caught up but before I did that, I had to comment. Hope you're having a great summer!

Shaila Lou said...

Great painting skills! What a fun playroom...I bet the kids are loving it!

k8shoe said...

You are awesome! Darling playroom!

Summer said...

i didn't know you had such incredible skills! this makes me want to have a garden, and a castle, and know how to paint :)

Unknown said...

wow, looks great...after seeing you on monday i decided to search you and look what i found...sneaky me!!!