Thursday, August 30, 2007

First Day of School

Wednesday August 29th. This is Elise's frist day of Kindergarten. She is really excited, but a little nervous. At our school they have the first day with the rest of the school, but it's just an orientation, so we are only there about an hour. For the next 5 days they do testing to asses where the kids are so they can better know what they need to teach. The first real full day (as in half day) is next week on the 6th. That's when Elise will start going every day. I think it's a little mean to give the kids a taste and then make them wait a week to really go to school. Oh well , what can I do. She already made a new friend, and they sit at the same table in class.


They are supposed to stand outside by their name and wait for the teacher to come and get them when the bell rings. Elise found her own name pretty quick.


I'll have to try to get some pictures of her teacher and classroom. Her teacher Miss Smith (Heidi) used to live in my parents ward. Her mom was one of my favorite Young Women Leaders. So Heidi and I grew up (kind of) together. ( I'm a few years older) When Elise was 18 mos or so Heidi's mom taught Elise how to shake her booty.

2 comments:

melanie said...

That is pretty mean that they have to wait a whole week to get back on the real schedule. She is looking so old (and so like a little Maren!)

Anonymous said...

Elise's picture reminds me of a little you and your first day of school picture. (but your hair was darker) I can't believe how grown up she looks!!