So this post won't have any pictures, but I'm okay with that. So for the past 2 years and 9 months. I have been one of two primary choristers. I've had two different partners during these few years. I have loved being in the primary with my kids and all the other kids. It has been really really fun. But these last few months I've started to wear out. I feel like I'm out of idea's and I'm just tired of teaching new songs every week. Since I'm the occasional perfectionist I want the kids to know the songs really well and sing them really well. Anyways, I was just tired and really needed a change. So me being me, I can't come out and ask for a release. ( I can't turn down a calling either) (I don't know if that was taught to me or if I decided that myself). So what do I do, I pray and pray and pray for someone to be inspired for me. So the Primary president has some inspiration and decided to release me and give me a new calling. I'm glad she was in tune. (well it wasn't actually her that called me, but you know) Anyways, so now I am one of two Wolf Den leaders. I get to work with the 8 year old cub scouts. I think this will be a really fun calling. I like the kids that age, and I already know them. They want to be at scouts and are excited. When I was getting set apart a really neat thing was said. He said that scouting and the priesthood go hand in hand and I will be one of the ones that will have a big influence over how they feel about the scouting program, and because of the connection with the priesthood, we will also be preparing them to hold the priesthood. I guess I had never thought of it that way.
4 comments:
so I cried as I read that last part...it may have something to do with the fact it was MY son they were talking about in your blessing! thank you for accepting...i'll take the village help!!!
Wait, so you're the wolf leader? I thought you were bears- because I'm wolves too- so we have the exact same calling!
I'm glad you're excited about the calling. I really need some of that to rub off on me. I just barely got back from scouts and I am worn out! Wednesday nights are hard for me, I just don't get excited for it, in fact the word for me is more like I dread it! I'm praying to have a better attitude, and what was said in your blessing helps a little, but I just really need to feel it in my heart!
It probably doesn't help that EJ is never home early enough for me to leave the kids, so taking them and getting them ready definitely gets me stressed before even leaving the house!
Hey it's Eli's wife here...just wondering if you could have Emily add us as a reader to her blog...she went private this week and we would love to stay in touch with you all. Thanks, shannon_staker@hotmail.com (i don't know her email)
I can't believe you had a calling for that long! I guess I've never been anywhere long enough to keep my calling.
Good luck with scouts. Sounds like some fun times for you!
Post a Comment