Friday, June 1, 2007

Memorial Day

First we went to the Cemetary to visit Talise. We took some yellow roses from our garden and mom took some pink roses from hers and we put them up by her. I didn't take any pictures of that. I just don't think of those things.


We went for an evening hike up Holbrook Canyon up by the Bountiful Temple. It's a nice little hike and not busy, like Muller park. This is Dad (grandpa) hiking/walking down to
Kyle has already started to collect rocks to throw in the water. Something he learned at Fathers and Sons.
We stopped to eat our picnic dinner near the stream. Kyle thinks I'm just taking a picture of him.
Since I'm usually the one taking the pictures I had joey take one with me in it. For proof you know.
Brendan was a little thirsty so I gave him a drink from the camelback. He loved it, but then again, he loves having anything to put in his mouth.The kids went down to the stream and got their hands wet, then fell on the way back up the bank creating muddy hands. Joey is going down to help them clean their hands off so they will have clean hands to eat the PBJ's with.The kids are now throwing the rocks in the stream. Fun Times! Especially when grandpa gets a big rock and makes a big splash. Kyle wasn't excited to leave this spot. There is a little rattle snake in this picture somewhere. Mom spotted it first and Joey identified it and we all jumped back and held still until it moved out of our way. It was only about a foot long, but still startling . Don't really try to find it, cause it may have moved out of the frame by the time the camera was ready to take the picture.We wore Brendan out.Our little family on the way out of the canyon. We had a nice time. We did have to keep the kids from running too far ahead of us on the trail. We were afraid that they would get going so fast that they would crash and hit their head on a rock, or come across another snake. So much energy.This was the view at the top. Kinda cloudy, but a nice silhouette of the Temple. We are so blessed to live so close.

4 comments:

Blasphemous Homemaker said...

Connor LOVES to throw rocks into rivers and streams. It's one of our favorite family passtimes.

Anonymous said...

What a fun hike! It looks like wonderful weather. That's great that you didn't have to drag the kids along...that's what we have to do. Brendan sleeping is so cute. I love that age when they sleep almost anywhere! I love to see all the pictures of your fam!

Anonymous said...

How fun! It makes me miss being close to the family!
You know, EJ also loves throwing rocks. He especially likes rolling enormous rocks off big cliffs. I'll have to have him tell you about the time he started a fire on a mountain by just rolling big rocks off!

melanie said...

Your hike looks great! Our kids always try to run ahead and I am way too nervous to relax and let them do it.

The temple is gorgeous!